Barn Chic Antiques

Barn Chic Antiques

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Around the house

I mainly stayed at home this weekend and enjoyed the holiday decor that I scurried to get put up before our Thursday evening gathering with my husband's office. Nothing like pressure decorating! 


View of the tree from outside the house.



Between the deer and the drought, we can't manage to grow any plants in the flower beds near the front porch, so these fake lit trees are great.

The same night we had our party, I swapped out the pumpkins and mums for the poinsettias. It was pretty darn cold (25 degrees!) in the ATX this past week though, so I had to bring them in. Brrr.... 
(Rolling of the eyes for all people north of Texas :)


I need to wrap the twig tree with some lights, but an hour before the party, this had to do!

Why on earth do I have a pink front door?! Fixing that will be on the summer to do list.


See those cute cacti on the awesome rusty old typewriter table? Each have been knocked down once. I think they have reached out and grabbed by as they walked by. I have since moved them. 

Even my husband appreciates the screen's new function as our card display.

I have never had an official tree skirt and couldn't find the makeshift tablerunner I used for years, so I just bought four yards of burlap at Hobby Lobby and bunched it up around the base. 
My husband leaves the ugly yellow cup for watering on it...


Hope your holiday preparations and celebrations are going well! 

Have a chic week,
Sarah
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Barn Chic Antiques

view sourceprint? 01 09 10