Barn Chic Antiques

Barn Chic Antiques

Monday, October 8, 2012

Marburger: Blog Party and Garden Antqs Vintage

Post 2 about my trip to Marburger Farm's Antique Show last week shall center around one very special vendor, her gorgeous space at the show, and the fun gathering she hosted. I am of course referencing the one and only Theresa Cano of Garden Antqs Vintage and her annual Blog Party. 

I am so appreciative to Theresa for so many reasons: she has inspiring displays, her merchandise is always so well-priced, some of my favorite pieces I bought are from her, she is super sweet, she encouraged me and countless others to join the world of blogging, and she supports all of our blogs. She gives so much to the junk community! But most of all, Theresa offers great friendship to so many and I am blessed to have her and her husband Cruz as friends.

Had it not been for Theresa, I probably would not have even gone to Marburger. Having only gone one time for about an hour, I was under the mistaken assumption that all items there are out of my price range. But when Theresa said she not only buys there but also would now be showing there, I was quickly convinced that I should give it another try. And I am so glad I did! If you had similar thoughts, I encourage you to visit in the spring - I brought home a car load and the prices were as good as those in the fields of Warrenton. And the experience is even more enjoyable with all the eye candy - ahhhh! It is so fun to shop and see beautiful vignettes. (More photos of what I saw in future posts!)

Theresa's space was the first one I headed to after arriving at the farm. According to the VIB (Very Important Blogger) pass, we would be issued official VIB badges; I was anxious to mask my amateur status with this little tangible proof of credibility. It is funny (and sad) how much that little badge made me feel like I belonged there more! VIB's even got a swag bag - I felt like royalty!


Theresa had the entire Gulf building, which not only was huge, but was also air-conditioned! Though it was pleasant when I first got there, the AC was a welcomed treat for the blog party that afternoon. 
  
Bikes were everywhere this year! Theresa had several. I think that rusty bed frame sold first thing on opening day.


This gorgeous old pie cabinet made my heart skip a beat.


I didn't even notice the skeleton poster before! Old school is cool.


Old religious relics are also a trend now. Theresa had lots!

I loved this scene so much that I had to take the chair on the left and the black chippy oval frame home with me. Both will be at the Barn Sale on November 2 and 3!


I would love to have Thanksgiving dinner at this table!



 
 
 



Look at the attention to detail in this cubby box. It's the little things that make one a great decorator!


Here is a better shot of the chair I got. I already purchased the frame and tried to convince a friend she needed this chair - when she said no, I said yes!

Here is the lovely lady preparing for the Blog Party. 

Lots of bloggers here to celebrate!

The blog party was lots of fun; it was nice to put faces with URLs! 

There was even a camera crew from Texas Live to capture the scene and get an interview with Theresa.
 
 
Theresa, thanks for all you do!  What an awesome experience as a VIB - thank you for helping make that possible.

Have a chic week!

~Sarah
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

  1. So jealous - T is great and her displays are always awesome - I hope she sold tons! Love the chair you got!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you are a hoot and half! Where did you want me to mail you the check for this awesome publicity *wink* I'm not even going to posts pics of my space because I don't think I could have done any better if I had tried! You are awesome too my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to have met you at the blog party!! And now I see that you're a vendor at the Rusted Gingham show?! Me too! I think D6 is my address there...take care...
    Kristi
    Checkered Past

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kristi! I am just down the way from you - D17! Great to meet you and see you soon ~so much to do before the sale! Hope you feel more prepared than I do!

      Delete
  4. WOW! This is so nice and those vintage stuffs looks so nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah,
    Wonderful write up about Teresa- She is amazing and has been such an inspiration to so many of us! She is such a great influence- one others can certainly look up to!

    Cannot wait to meet you- see you in a few short weeks!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. This let me feel like I was there. We had to miss the show, but hope to make it next year. Sisters' Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope to make this VIB party next year! Glad you got to go and meet other bloggers. Looking forward to seeing you again at the Barn Sale! Are you getting ready..eek! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm just sick that I couldn't go this season. Spring for sure!!
    Thanks for sharing, looks super fun.
    ♥Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah, I just love your pictures and recAP! I hate that I didn't make it out this year. Guess it will have to be the fall again. Wish I could have seen T's place. She is amazing and a very sweet friend. Thanks for all the pictures! See you soon at the barn sale!

    ReplyDelete

Barn Chic Antiques

view sourceprint? 01 09 10