Barn Chic Antiques

Barn Chic Antiques

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Tea Time!

Tomorrow is the first day of July - where has the time gone?! Hope your summer is off to a great start. I am back home from my epic road trip through the mid-south and still have several sets of great pictures to share.

One of my favorite places to go when I am visiting friends and family in my hometown is just about 15 minutes away from where I grew up: LaTeaDa tearoom and gift shop in Clinton, IL. One word sums up this place: YUM! Owned by great friends of our family, this tea room is extra special; I had my bridal shower there, love their food and tea, enjoy shopping at the gift shop, and especially like that it is a small family-owned and family-run business. I try to get there each time I am home. Reservations are definitely needed as the place is packed each day for their lunches, complete with delicious soup/salad/sandwich entrees, heavenly desserts, and tasty teas. Lots of groups from all over Illinois take outings here because it is that good!

 


The old home is in pristine condition and offers the perfect setting to escape an ordinary day.

 

Ambiance is quaint and intimate and all guests are welcomed with a personalized plate!


Their lunches are delicious. I had a seafood salad on mixed greens - I love a salad that uses greens rather than boring iceberg lettuce. I also had their famed "LaTeaDa" tea, which is a special family recipe but I do know there is something citrus-y about it (only because that's how they describe it!). LaTeaDa tea is the only sweet tea I will ever drink; I love sugar in everything but my tea, yet this is the one exception! And of course I had to have one of their homemade desserts - there were about 8 specials that day and I had the carrot cake (so good!), while my mom had keylime pie and my sister had some chocolate chocolate pie. 

Upstairs, there is a gift shop that is filled with small decor items, jewelry, clothing, purses, and other unique gifts. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


I'm so glad we had a chance to visit while I was home and I could really go for a glass of LaTeaDa tea after landscaping and scraping paint in 100 degree temps!
It was 108 yesterday in Austin, so I can only imagine what July will bring...


Have a chic week!

~Sarah
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Barn Chic Antiques

view sourceprint? 01 09 10