Barn Chic Antiques

Barn Chic Antiques

Sunday, July 7, 2013

New Orleans, Take II

Hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July and holiday weekend!

I have several great posts to share, but somehow just can't seem to get them written...I am two weeks behind, but better late than never. I have been home from my road trip for two weeks now, but this post will once again feature some great architecture and design from the old south, New Orleans. It  might sound weird that my road trip to IL from TX led me through New Orleans, but my hometown is just off I-55 in IL, and New Orleans is straight down 55 about 13 hours and then a little east, so I combined two trips into one by coming back to Texas via New Orleans to make a stopover to see good friends Aden & Dan and their sweet new baby boy Britton. He was so excited to see me!

 Isn't he adorable?! 

Aden and Dan are great hosts and took us on a lovely tour of the Garden District in New Orleans. We passed several walking tours, but didn't need to join one as Dan knew so much about the rich (quite literally) history of this beautiful section of the city. I wish I could remember all the facts that he shared, but two weeks have come and gone and I can't remember which celebrities lived where at this point! But we saw the houses of John Goodman, Anne Rice, Sandra Bullock, Nicolas Cage, and the parents of the Peyton and Eli Manning...here are pictures of those homes and more:

 

This one was for sale and only costs a cool $5 million.

 
 

 

 

 

 



Love the ornate wrought iron fence - fanciest corn stalks and ears of corn I have ever seen.
 
 
 
 
 
 


And after that we went to the 'artsy' district and saw this:


before we attempted to get these:
 
But alas, they were already closed.

Hope you had lots of cool summer treats this weekend!

Have a chic week,

~Sarah


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I love New Orleans and the beautiful architecture and iron work is amazing. Several years ago my sisters and mom and I went on a girls' vacation to NOLA and stayed a really cool and OLD B & B called the Marigny B & B.. It was beautiful. Here's pictures of it. One of the owners was like your friend who gave us our private walking tour also. Our only regret was going in the heat of summer.
    I'm looking forward to your other stories.
    Betsy
    http://www.marignymanorhouse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Big Easy! Did you go ahead and put an offer in on that house? Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Barn Chic Antiques

view sourceprint? 01 09 10