Barn Chic Antiques

Barn Chic Antiques

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Helloooooo, Summer!

School's out for summer! That's what all the kids (and teachers) were signing at the final bell on Friday! Today starts my first 'official' day of summer. I cannot believe that it is here already, though I know many areas have been out of school for weeks. I still have lots of odds and ends to wrap up from this school year, and I actually have my first in-service for 'next year' later today, but there are oh so many plans in the works for hunting junk! I cannot wait to give some attention to Barn Chic Antiques, as I have quite neglected it over the past few weeks. 

I am proud to say that my garage is even getting to the nearly-empty stage. Instead of a center aisle wide enough for just one person to walk down, now two can fit! And of the stuff that's left, much of it needs to be featured in a garage sale or on Craigslist rather than the booth. So it is time to stock my stash! I will be hitting the road later this week to get lots of goods for the booth. Here are some recent pictures of my rather colorful space at the Austin Antique Mall:

 
 

Sold that sweet gray typing table yesterday!

I have quite a few color combinations going on right now, which is a bit out of my decorating comfort level for the booth. I love color, but not all colors at once in one small space!
I adore turquoise and green, but the color vignette that is selling the most lately is red. Red is hot!
 

Signs of an American summer: baseballs, books, bike, Coke bottle carrier, racket, strawberry tray, and
red, white, and blue county fair ribbons.


Illinois friends - see anything you'd like? Let me know as I will be heading that way soon; I will make you a deal and the 'shipping' is free! Would love to clear out as much space as possible for lots of new inventory! 

Have a chic week, 

~Sarah
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. oh how I remember how much I looked forward to Summer when I was teaching!! That's interesting that red is the hot color. I guess I need to add some red because I don't have much of it. I do like it in patio decor. I'm still a shabby white, original primitive color kind of girl! :)_
    Have fun junking in Illinois! I've told by lots of veteran dealer who always have cool stuff, that they find the best "junk" up the middle of the country. Hope that's true for you.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous that you are off for the summer! I would love to be a teacher, but only in June, July and August - ha!

    ReplyDelete

Barn Chic Antiques

view sourceprint? 01 09 10