Barn Chic Antiques

Barn Chic Antiques

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Window Shopping

Nothing like a little window shopping for inspiration...or sheer excitement when you see a few pieces in the cute window display that were purchased from your antique booth! Last spring, I wrote about literally running into several items that were bought in my booth at an adorable boutique-style store carrying cute women's clothing and accessories. The store, Altar'd State, is expanding rapidly among the southeast, and if you have ever been to one, you know why - this store has mastered the art of preserving vintage style through (new) clothing and decor.

Their window displays always get my attention, and this month's arrangement is no exception. It was when I stopped to fully admire the scene that I noticed the luggage purchased from Barn Chic Antiques last spring. I love their creative use of vintage props to stage a vignette that tells a story.


This scene says, "Road Trip!"



The first road trip on my summer agenda is to venture south about an hour to pick up a crate that I left at the Petticoats on the Prairie show. Luckily, a sweet fellow vendor was back in the Ballinger area and helped me retrieve it...so I hope to meet her soon and start getting ready for the Junk Hippy Round Top/Warrenton show on July 19. 



Where are you headed this summer? Hope you can plan a trip to Round Top on July 19! Safe travels to all those summer shows!

Have a chic week,

~Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah, how awesome to see your treasures making someone else's displays look amazing! I love the use of the suitcases. I hadn't heard of this company but I'll have to look them now. I love the use of vintage in their window display. It helps to validate what we do! :) I wish I could make it to Round Top for your Junk Hippy show but that's our Trade Days weekend. We'll probably wish we were in the air conditioned hall vs our hot and dusty setting at Trade Days, but it's hard to miss our main gig. Hopefully we'll meet up one of these day. Have a wonderful summer.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Barn Chic Antiques

view sourceprint? 01 09 10