Barn Chic Antiques

Barn Chic Antiques

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Inspiring displays and new purchases




When my interest in antiquing first went from shopper to potential vendor, I did a lot of online research and used Blogger to find great leaders in this industry. I don't remember how I came across Theresa and her amazing blog Garden Antqs Vintage, but ever since I first discovered it, I have been an avid reader. I took a slight detour from my route to IL this summer to swing by McKinney to see Theresa's booth at the Antique Company Mall, and I was so excited when I learned she joined the awesome Binky La Faye store in Llano, my favorite shopping town in the Hill Country. I have visited with her at several shows, including Warrenton and City Wide here in Austin, and she is just as nice as can be. She is so very talented! I have purchased several small items from her, but I love them each so much that I am not sure I can part with them just yet; I will 'store' them in my house for now!

The pictures above are from her booth near Zapp Hall in Warrenton last week. She can make any combination of vintage items look great together! I particularly loved the ironstone displays and vintage Christmas ornaments this time.

I went back to Warrenton yesterday with my mother-in-law, her sister, and a friend  - the other two ladies are from New York and I thought they would really enjoy this exposure to Texas culture! We all had a great time, and they even came home with some purchases! I (of course) filled up the car yet again - here are some of my finds.









And here are a few pictures from my newly redecorated space at the Austin Antique Mall. 








Traffic jam in Warrenton! My fellow shoppers from New York could not believe this tiny little town had enough traffic to take an hour to go one mile.


And one more picture to wrap up this post....
You never know what you will find in Warrenton!

-Sarah




1 comment:

  1. Sarah, I've tried so many times to leave a comment but for some reason blogger isn't publishing. Thanks for this post. Hope to see you at city wide.

    ReplyDelete

Barn Chic Antiques

view sourceprint? 01 09 10