Barn Chic Antiques

Barn Chic Antiques

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Free Halloween decor with purchase

I wanted to give my booth a slight seasonal facelift, so I picked up some small pumpkins, both real and an assortment of tiny black glittery ones to place throughout my displays. I also wanted to get some of that stretchy spiderweb material. As I searched Michael's for the supply, I thought about how ironic this was....I spent a better part of a Saturday afternoon cleaning actual spiderwebs off of my 'new' treasures that have found a (perhaps temporary) home in my abode, and there I was purposefully buying imitation webs for my booth. I should advertise that all pieces of furniture I sell come with a free gift - authentic cobwebs! I raise very resiliant spiders in this house - no matter how much I clean, they keep coming back to decorate! Well, eight-legged friends, Halloween is tomorrow, so if you all can start preparing for the winter holidays and take a break from web-making, I would appreciate the help! 

I didn't get much of a chance to antique this weekend, as Andrew and I went to the UT game yesterday. It was perfect fall weather here in Austin (finally!), which made for a great tailgate with friends and a chilly kick-off - just the way football is supposed to feel for this Midwestern girl! I actually went to two football games this weekend, as we also went to the Leander game on Friday night. The weather and outcomes of both games were great.

I had planned to make a trip up to Hico, TX for an antique show on Saturday, but after seeing that it would take nearly 2 and a half hours, I reconsidered. I am saving up for some good antiquing this weekend, as I may visit a Barn Sale in Gonzalez and some of my favorite shops in Geronimo and Seguin along the way. I am looking forward to hunting for some good holiday decor! Out with the spiderwebs and in with the ornaments!

A few pictures of the shop (it's a rebuilding phase - I need more inventory!) and us at the game:







Happy Halloween!

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Barn Chic Antiques

view sourceprint? 01 09 10