Barn Chic Antiques

Barn Chic Antiques

Monday, October 24, 2011

Oh, the memories!

Warning - this post doesn't have much to do with antiques! That's because I spent the weekend visiting my alma mater, Vanderbilt University, in Nashville to see good friends and attend our 10 year college reunion. I can hardly belive that it has been ten plus years since that beautiful campus was home...

It was really great to see so many friends and I so enjoyed catching up with faces that were once so familiar.

Of course, I also loved getting to see my former roommates, who quickly became lifelong friends! My freshman roommate, Jen, is originally from near Pittsburgh and now lives near D.C. with her husband and sweet baby girl. Karen is from near Boston and now is a new homeowner in that city. We missed seeing our other friends, who live in all corners of the country and weren't able to get away from work commitments, but we do look forward to getting together again in the near future.

I wish we had taken more pictures; when we were college students, we used to forget having pictures taken, and now I can't remember to take them! Wow, how times have changed. I am proud of the fact that we made it downtown to a honky-tonk this weekend, but we didn't last long and don't have the photographic proof that we were there.

The reunion committee thought it would be funny to put our senior pictures (that we submitted to 'The Newcomer,'  Vanderbilt's 1997 paper version of Facebook) on our nametags for Friday night's class party; it was quite entertaining. I wanted to share a picture of us from college, but I think I might get death threats from a few friends....so the ones from this weekend will have to do!

From L-R: Me, Jen, and Karen 





We had to get our overpriced Vandy gear!



 See, there is something antique-related about this post! I even got them to visit the Downtown Antique Mall!



This place was a great old industrial building - I loved all the vintage letters they had and wish I could have taken a suitcase full back to Austin with me!



What a wonderful weekend filled with great memories! Hope to see you again soon, girls! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Barn Chic Antiques

view sourceprint? 01 09 10