Barn Chic Antiques

Barn Chic Antiques

Sunday, January 15, 2012

What Not to Wash

Burlap.

Here's what happened when I did:



So much for that pillow I had planned to make. 

But I did actually make this one! 


The fabric transfer paper didn't work quite as I had expected; I thought just the ink would go onto the fabric, but rather the whole surface pressed on (guess it was supposed to). Any tips on just put the ink on the fabric (besides running the fabric through the printer)? Let me know! My crafting skills are non-existent, but I know lots of you are so talented!

Special thanks to my co-worker and friend Susie who offered sewing lessons after school and helped me get inspired and (re)learn to sew! Despite having sewn a quilt for my dolls when I was in third grade, the last thing I made was a gym bag in 8th grade (shout out to Home Ec - a class EVERY kid should have to take but schools no longer [can afford to] offer it). 

Thanks to Susie, I now have a cozy pair of flannel pajama pants - I learned so much on this project, including how to read a pattern, how to sew in elastic, and how to work my Grandmother's machine. 
It is in great shape - thanks, Grandma!  

These pictures look like before and after pics from Jared at Subway, but a little elastic does wonders for fit! 



Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. 
--Martin Luther King, Jr. 

Happy Birthday, Dr. King. 

Have a chic week!
-Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Barn Chic Antiques

view sourceprint? 01 09 10