Barn Chic Antiques

Barn Chic Antiques

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Petticoats on the Prairie


Less than three weeks until the Petticoats on the Prairie show in Ballinger, TX! This will be my first POTP show and I couldn't be more excited - I hear shoppers come from all over to this "Wild and Woolly West Show." This market is a two day shopping extravaganza held April 11-12 at the historic Wool and Mohair Warehouse in Ballinger, which is between San Angelo and Brownwood. They say, "It's not your mama's kind of vintage!" but I sure hope it is because my mama and I like the same things - and I am so happy she will be coming down to help with this show!

I have been doing some show preparations, but sadly I haven't gotten to do much junk hunting. My garage is busting at the seams with treasures since I closed my booth, so I had to limit my shopping due to lack of storage space. But I have been doing other types of preparation for this show, including restocking on great spring and summer styles for the boutique since I sold out of lots of clothing at the Junk Hippy show. I ordered a greater variety of sizes and now carry small through 2XL (though not all sizes available for each style). I currently have a 10% off sale on the online site for any item in the plus collection with discount code "newsizes" through March. Though there are only a few tunics in the collection right now, many more styles will be arriving at the beginning of April. I also ordered lots of new jewelry and reclaimed canvas bags that have that vintage feel.









 Lots of new inventory just arrived and I am in love with the teal lace dress and the bohemian maxi.



I love color and couldn't resist this dress in melon orange. Can't wait for the weather to get warm enough to wear it!




I also have been working with a graphic designer on a logo as I need new business cards. I never knew what a process it was to go from brainstorming to final product! I started this project at the first of the year and we are just now getting to completion. I have spent hours searching through images of logos, fonts, and pictures to get inspiration. Here are some work ups of the logo along the way:





Nothing was really catching my eye and then I realized that what I have had all along is really where I wanted to focus. My sister drew this barn image for me three years ago and I have this on my business cards now, and it ended up being the inspiration for the official logo. 






And eventually, the close to final image:


And a look on weathered wood:


The curtains are hopefully going to be defined more by lighter shading, but I am very happy with the outcome and look forward to getting new materials with the logo soon. Special thanks to my sister Mary for drawing the inspiration! 

Even though the garage is full, I bet I can squeeze a few more goods in that I'm sure to find in Warrenton next week; I can't wait to hit the fields to explore. Will I see you there?!

Happy first weekend of spring and I hope to see you soon at the Petticoats on the Prairie show!

Have a chic week,

~Sarah



No comments:

Post a Comment

Barn Chic Antiques

view sourceprint? 01 09 10