Barn Chic Antiques

Barn Chic Antiques

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Junk Gypsy World Headquarters

The level of my jealousy for Amie, Jolie, and the entire Junk Gypsy family/crew hit an all-time high when I visited their *unbelievable* JG World Headquarters store in between Warrenton and Round Top last month...well almost two months ago since I went the same day of Marburger's opening this fall.  

How have I not shared these great pictures with you yet?! Touring this store was so much fun, and I am glad that taking pictures kept my hands occupied because otherwise I might have broken the bank buying a truck load of t-shirts and funky decor. 

You'll know you're there when you see "Large Marge the Party Barge" parked out front.

Cool vintage dishes serve as a border for the flower beds. 


Reclaimed materials and architectural salvage helped make this new building feel old.  

I was so excited to finally see the inside of this store because I have been driving by the property with the 'coming soon' sign for what felt like ages. 

It was so worth the wait. 

Next to this old wagon is a miniature vintage shopping cart in the 'kids section' - 
love that they cater to the little ones. Get 'em hooked on junk early! 


What little kid wouldn't love a room designed by the gypsies?! 

Or what big kid wouldn't love a JG room? 

I hope they bring back their show on HGTV - not only do I love to watch the episodes (over and over and over again), but I want to apply for a room makeover! 
Do you think this blog post will help my chances? 


Look at the light pattern from the olive bucket lamp on the wall.

 I bet that turkey sign is adorning someone's wall for this year's Thanksgiving feast.  

 There is so much good stuff to see it was hard to know where to look first. 
I was there for over an hour just taking it all in. 

I love that they have home decor, clothing, and accessories. 
A store that combines all my shopping passions under one tin roof!

Look at the check out structure.






This crushed velvet orange couch is classic, and I love that I caught Mr. Sikes is standing in front of it - Junk Gypsy is truly a family affair and I saw Janie, Phillip, Amie, and Jolie working at the store. Amie and Jolie were walking around the store helping customers and posing for pictures with shoppers. I guess I looked like a photographer (I was obsessively taking pictures so it was an understandable assumption) and several shoppers asked me to take a picture of them with Amie and Jolie. 
I loved how gracious the girls were about the endless requests for photos.      




Vintage boots!



I need to find a way to incorporate straw into my home decor. 


My souvenir was this shirt. The first time I wore it, a lady walked past me in the grocery store on a hot fall day and said, "I wish I was there! I love Vail!" 
I didn't have the heart to tell her that the shirt actually says y'all.  

One of the Gypsies' favorite phrases is "Not all who wander are lost." This couldn't be more true when I think about my trip to the Junk Gypsy store. After an hour of wandering around their creative warehouse, I left with a new shirt, lots of pictures, good memories, and renewed inspiration for turning junk into dreams.

Have a chic week,

~Sarah 

3 comments:

  1. Loved seeing these pics Sarah - I'm dying to check it out in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I have to go soon! Do they have that "y'all" shirt in kids or baby sizes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the tour, Sarah.. I haven't got to make it in person to see the shop (yet), so I appreciate your fantastic pictures! (I can see why customers would assume you're a "pro photog"! ;)

    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Barn Chic Antiques

view sourceprint? 01 09 10